Since 2008, Spotify has been entertaining the global market with podcasts and music. The company has continuously worked on adding a number of constantly added features to make the platform more engaging and versatile.
There are a number of unexplored features of the Spotify app, which can let you do so much more on the platform. Here is a list of 5 features you need to know:
Recover deleted playlists within 3 months
If you have deleted your playlist on Spotify and regret your decision, we have a feature that allows you to recover the entire deleted playlist. Steps to recover your deleted list:
- Log in to your account on the Spotify website. Please note that you are not obliged to open the account on your online player
- click on the Recover Playlists link based on the left and you will see the playlists you deleted recently
- Click Restore to bring it back to the playlist section of your profile
Note that users’ deleted playlists are stored on the page for up to 90 days. After that, they automatically disappear.
Sort list of liked songs
Over time, we continue to love our favorite songs, and over the year the app stores a long list of favorite songs, among which few are the songs that we don’t play at all. It may take a long process to delete the song and sort it.
- Tap Your Library
- Then tap Liked Songs
- (you’ll see auto-generated mood and genre tags)
- Tap any label to apply the appropriate filter
- Then press the X button to return to your main list
- At the top of the page you will see labels that will change, depending on the playlist selected and liked
Share Music with Spotify Codes
If you want to share an artist’s details with friends or if you want to share the entire compiled playlist with your friends, it’s possible on Spotify – all you need is a Spotify code. Follow the next step:
- Tap the three dots next to any Playlists, Tracks, Albums, Artists icon on Spotify. This will help you get the code
- How to read a code in the Spotify app:
- Press Search
- Then tap on the search box
- Then the camera button
- Users can either scan a code directly or extract the screenshot as needed
Spotify Premium Group Session Feature – Listen With Others
If you have purchased a paid Premium subscription, you can take advantage of the group session feature which is currently in beta. The feature allows you to listen longer with your friends who use the feature and the app. Users can create a collaborative playlist and here are the steps to enable the feature:
- Tap the devices icon on the smartphone
- After that, the user will have to scroll down and click on the Start Session button
- Then click on the start session button, which will extract the code which can be shared with others accordingly
Download Playlists from Spotify to Desktop
Spotify Premium subscribers can use this feature to download the playlist to their phone when they are struggling with a good internet connection. It is also worth downloading playlists to local storage which is also available on desktop apps.
To use the feature, follow these steps:
- Use the Download toggle switches that are placed at the top of the playlists. The feature helps protect content from an unstable or no wifi connection
- It makes home or office network even easier once they are registered together to sync music from mobile to laptop in office or tablet.