This tutorial is about setting up the default music app on iPhone and iPad. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Set the Default Music App on iPhone and iPad. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Set Default Music App on iPhone and iPad
Ever wanted to use a music app other than Apple Music for your Siri Song requests? In that case, rejoice because now you can set your iPhone and iPad’s preferred default music app for music searches. It is actually very simple to set up. It’s no surprise that Apple ranks its in-house music streaming service above Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Prime Music and others. Usually when you ask Siri to play a song, she uses Apple Music to do it, and that couldn’t be more frustrating for someone who uses Spotify or any other service.
With the latest versions of iOS and iPadOS, Apple has included the ability to change the preferred app used for music searches. It was possible to play music from other services by clarifying which service you want to use “Siri” for example “Hey Siri, play music on Spotify”, but the change implemented in iOS 14.5 makes “Siri” too easy to remember as your music app. an option like the “Hey Siri play music” command uses your favorite app instead of using the default Apple Music. It also works for podcasts, audiobooks, and other audio content. Here’s how to set your default music app on iPhone and iPad.
How to Set the Default Music App on iPhone and iPad
- Update your iPhone to iOS 14.5 (or your iPad to iPadOS 14.5) if you haven’t already, and make sure Siri is set up.
- Now summon Siri with your side button or by saying “Hey Siri” and ask her to “Play music” or “Play”.
- The first time you do this with the iOS 14.5 update, you’ll see a list of available audio options. Tap the one you want to use.
- If Siri asks for permission to access your music app data, give it permission.
- Siri will start playing your song request, or if you just asked for “music”, the last thing you were listening to.
Final Words: How to Set Default Music App on iPhone and iPad
Hope you understand this article How to Set the Default Music App on iPhone and iPad, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.